You are the boat owner :
You just suffered a damage?
To help you not to forget anything in your report, we advise you to:
– Take protective measures, no matter you are covered or not :
- Mechanics and electronics,
- Put your belongings under security in case you ground,
- Contact a professional if necessary.
- Call the MRCC or police authorities if you have injured people,
- Write a sea report (explain how the damages occurred),
- Ask a specialist for necessary quotes and send it back to us. Upon reception, we will advise if we send a surveyor or not.
Please send us your declaration within 2 days in case of theft or within working days maximum in all other cases.
In your report, advise us where the boat can be seen in case we need to do a survey.We will also need to get in touch with you, please give us your phone number, mobile, email…If you have an Iphone, you can declare your damage through our Iplaisance app.
You are chartering a boat :
– You are chartering a boat and you took an insurance excess repurchase and want to declare a damage :
The damage must be declared in writing less than 10 days after it has happened, both to the charter fleet and to ouest assurances, otherwise it will not be dealt.
Your declaration must recount precisely the event, the origin, the author or the victim of the damage.
In order to go as quick as possible, please send us the following documents: (except if you already sent them)
- The sea report and photos
- The charter contract, its general conditions indicating the main boat excess and a copy of the boat insurance
- The final count of the main boat insurance company (only in case the damages are more important than the main boat excess).
- The repairs invoice left to your own charge
- In case of regatta, responsibility necessarily determined by the race committee
- In case of unpredictable natural climate events, a certificate from the nearest weather station confirming that at the moment of the event, the wind speed exceeded 100 km per hour
– You are chartering a boat and you took a cancellation insurance :
2 steps to follow. You must less than 5 days after the problem has happened:
- First, connect yourself here https://indemnisation.mondial-assistance.fr/oss?locale=en (faire le lien sur here) and follow the procedure. You will give Ouest Assurances contract number (written on your cover) 303954 or 340200
- You can also send your declaration by post: Mondial Assistance, service des sinistres, DOP01 7 rue Dora Maar, CS 600001, 93488 SAINT-OUEN Cedex.
- Vous pouvez également envoyer votre déclaration par courrier postal : Mondial Assistance, service des sinistres, DOP01 7 rue Dora Maar, CS 600001, 93488 SAINT-OUEN Cedex
You can contact Mondial Assistance:
– On 00 33 (0)1 42 99 03 95 (from 9 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday)
– Or by fax on 00 33 (0)1 42 99 03 25.
Then advise the charter company.
– You are chartering a boat and you took a worldwide assistance and repatriation insurance :
(this cover does not apply during regattas). In case of urgent assistance needed, hereunder is the obligatory procedure: Please note that the cover will not be taken into account if you do not phone MONDIAL ASSISTANCE first.
You, as the insured party must call immediately MONDIAL ASSISTANCE to the following number (24/7): 00 33 (0)1 42 99 02 02
Then be ready to answer the following questions:
- give Ouest Assurances Plaisance contract number (written on your cover) “303954″or “304200”
- Advise who needs help
- Where ? Why ?
- Who is taking care of the injured person ?
- Where, when and how can we contact you/him back ?